Thursday, September 17, 2009

Who is the best important people in your life?

When I was in high school, my teacher gave me an fiction situation and asked me a question. I had to answer it after 3 minutes. In the story, there are 4 people:
-          - One is my teacher who I’m very respectful and love as the second mom.
-          - One is my husband whom I live with through the rest of my life.
-           -  One is my father who has grown me up, protected, and supported me.
-           - The last one is me.
We four go to picnic together in a peaceful place and nobody live around 10 miles. However, wanting to go there, we have to pass a river. Unfortunately, my teacher, my husband, and my dad fall down the river and they can’t swim. But only I can swim and just save only one of them. Who will I save?
I took a lot of time to think because three of them are important people in my life. But in this situation, I must save one and leave others. With human behavior, I want to save all. I thought I can call somebody to help, but we go far away from people and almost can’t contact anyone by cellphone. What should I do? Who should I save? It was very difficult to answer when I was teenager.
Finally, I got my decision. I save my dad. Why? Because I have the unique father in my life, nobody can replace my dad. I exist in the world due to my dad.
How about you? Who will you save? Please share your thinking with me. Do you thing this situation can help you know who your best important person in your life is?
This is just a fiction situation, but It helped me recognize that my parents are the best important people. Although I live far from them, they always follow me and support me. I’m so happy and lucky because of my great parents.

1 comment: